Massage Therapy At Its Best

Some of you may have read an earlier blog of mine where I shared my disappoinment about a massage I had received at a local spa.  Well now I am going to rave about an amazing massage that I had at a different local spa.

I recently purchased a Groupon for a massage and mani/pedi.  This was the first time I had purchased a Groupon and wasn’t sure what to expect.  Well I was pleasantly surprised.

I showed up at Colleen and Company Salon and Spa in Roseville, Minnesota and was asked to fill out an intake form and some other paperwork.  I was then escorted, on-time, to my room where I would be receiving my massage.  The therapist was informative, looked over my intake form and asked questions.  She asked me what I needed and then explained the massage she would be giving me. 

I told her what areas needed extra care and I also upgraded the massage to include a reflexology treatment.  She gave me a wonderful relaxing massage and an amazing reflexology treatment.  I felt so good after the massage treatment!  It was evident to me that this young woman had received excellent massage training.

I have been a massage therapist for 20 years and have received many massages and I have to tell you this woman has the touch.  This was one of the best relaxing massages I have ever had.  I can’t wait to go back!

In the blog I wrote a while ago, about the bad spa experience, my therapist had been massaging for around 20 years and the massage was not very good.  My therapist this time has only been a massage therapist for 2 years and she was amazing.  I am a true believer that some people just have the gift and experience doesn’t matter in that instance, only their healing energy.

I highly recommend that you go get a massage at Colleen and Company and ask for Justina!  By the way I also received a wonderful manicure and pedicure from Ashley; she was amazing.

Don’t wait to feel better, go and do something about it now.  Get a massage and start feeling better.

Maria Leonard holds a Masters in Business Administration and has been a massage therapist since 1994. She has been an instructor, spa manager and she is also a Reiki Master who teaches energy work and the power of positive thinking.  Maria is the Academic Manager of Allied Health Programs at Globe University.

By .

About Maria Leonard

Maria Leonard is the Network Dean of Massage for Globe University, Minnesota School of Business and Broadview University. Maria holds a Masters in Business Administration and has been a massage therapist since 1994. She has been an instructor, spa manager and she is also a Reiki Master who teaches energy work and the power of positive thinking.
This entry was posted in Massage Therapy and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Massage Therapy At Its Best

1. chris says:

Massage therapy is something that you should consider when you are in pain. It really helps relieve muscle aches.