I Chose Globe University Because…

Early Fall 2012 Graduate of the Massage Therapy Program, Brandy Fish

October 4, 2012 marks the start of a new journey for 16 graduates at Globe University-Appleton.  Through the weeks and months at Globe University, our students have had to study hard and push through adversity to get to this momentous occasion.

At Globe University, we strive to display our ‘We Care’ philosophy from the first moment that a prospective student walks in our door, to the moment they are handed their diploma on graduation day. So as they near the end of their time at Globe University, we’ve asked them, “Why did you choose us?” Brandy Fish, 2012 graduate of the Massage Therapy program, answers this question.

“I chose Globe because I really liked the classes and education they offered for the massage therapy program,” Fish said, “I also really like the small class sizes because you can get more one-on-one with your instructor.”

Fish, who will begin work immediately after graduation as a Massage Therapist at Renee Michelle’s Salon in Oshkosh,  goes on to say that she really enjoyed the constant interaction and guidance from her Program Chair. “The one thing that I really liked is how the faculty and your instructors are always there for you when you need them, especially your Program Chair.”

Brandy fish gives a complimentary chair massage to a participate of the ARC Fox Cities program as part of a service learning project.

Besides Fish’s appreciation for constant support when it was needed, she also mentioned the relationships she built with fellow classmates and staff members. “We have formed a second family while attending Globe and it will be different not seeing that family as much as we have in the two years of being there. It will be difficult to get through graduation without crying – we know that we will need a box of Kleenex next to us.”

Though she will miss the familiar sense of community here, she still knows that she has received a great education that will help her become the person she always knew she was. “We know that we have finally made it through all the long nights of studying, homework and tests to get to graduation and to start our careers.”

Massage Therapy Program Chair Wendy Wettengel-Perrigoue, fellow 2012 graduate Monica Sorges, and Brandy Fish particpate in “Project Linus”, making blankets for children, during some of their first months on campus.

She would like to give a special thank you to the many faculty members and staff for helping her through her journey at Globe and moving forward in her life,with a special thank you to her Program Chair, Wendy Wettengel-Perrigoue. “A huge thank you from the bottom of my heart to my Program Chair Wendy for always being there when I needed something or had a problem. Wendy, you are a great, caring person with a huge heart! Don’t ever change the way you are.”

Thank you so much for being a part of the Globe University family, Brandy. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

By .

About Kristin Cates

Kristin Cates is the Community Manager at Globe University-Appleton.
This entry was posted in Appleton Campus and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to I Chose Globe University Because…

1. Kimberly Stevens says:

Brandy – we will definitely miss you. Your energy is infectious and your passion for massage therapy is evident. We wish you the best of luck!

2. Ann Hintz says:

We are going to miss you Brandy! Your passion for massage therapy and your skills are strong – and Karaoke just won’t be the same without you. Your smile and positive attitude are also priceless!
    Best of luck in your new career!

3. Jennifer Drewry says:

I have had the pleasure of teaching Brandy during the past two years while she was studying at Globe University-Appleton. Brandy has shown the ability to establish an excellent rapport with many different people including students, administrators, and staff. She is genuinely interested in helping others and I know the skills she has acquired during her time here will help her be successful. I wish her all the best!

4. Wendy Wettengel-Perrigoue says:

In a matter of days you will no longer be a student of mine, you will be my colleague! I am looking forward to Chapter 2-you will do very well!

5. Jenny Schroth says:

I can’t wait to see you walk across the stage at graduation! It is so great to see your efforts come full-circle. Best of luck as you begin your career in massage therapy!

6. Carol Lee says:

Brandy! I am so proud of you…but I am most proud to have had the opportunity to have you as a student. You have been an asset in the class room and now will be an asset in the field of massage. It is as honor to call you a colleague. You deserve greatness!

7. Amanda Loewen says:

Congrats Brandy! It was great having you in class, and it was very inspiring witnessing your involvement in our surrounding communities! You were a great role model for other Massage Therapy students. Best of luck!