Change your life by changing your outlook

Chris Schmitz, Online Director of Admission, shares his thoughts on students working towards graduation at a quicker pace.  Throughout my years of schooling and life experiences, I have learned many “life lessons.” One of the most important lessons that I have learned is how a “can do” attitude can make a positive difference in one’s life.  Most people, at some point in their life, see a tough situation and think of all of the reasons
that they are not able to achieve their goal.  What if you changed your approach or thought process?  What if you began to think of all of the ways that you can achieve your goal?

In Admissions, the two biggest challenges students face in completing their degree is time and money.  Students often think, “I will not have enough time to take more than 1 or 2 classes.”  Or, “I am unable to afford taking more than 2 classes.”  Applying a positive approach to these two very common problems helps many people to see that they can achieve their goals.

Time

If we positively approach the challenge of time, we can think in terms of “What can I do to finish my degree as quick as possible?”  Or, “What time management skills do I need to have in order to finish my degree?”  If you think of the amount of time it will take to
complete your degree that time can be spread over many years or just a few.  Are you able to schedule your week, month or quarter so that taking an extra class every quarter is a manageable task?  Many coaches advise their students to think in terms of small, manageable goals; students can do this by looking at their weekly schedule and setting up their goals by the week versus the quarter.

Money

Education is an investment in yourself.  In taking a positive approach to your investment,  take the time to explore all of your Financial Aid options and work closely with your Financial Aid Advisor.  Your advisor wants you to be successful and they want to see you
complete your degree as quickly as possible.  As you explore your options, evaluate the cost of completing your degree quickly versus a long-term plan.  Often tuition increases yearly and a quicker completion of your degree can actually save money in the long-term.

As a former Admission Representative, I have talked to many students about why they go to school.  They share their hopes and dreams and what they are looking to achieve when they graduate.  Your education is the beginning of a new chapter in your life and I encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.  Take a positive approach and think about what you can achieve.  Leon J. Suenes says, “Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.” Believe in yourself and you will be able to make your dreams come true.

http://www.globeuniversity.edu/

http://www.globeuniversity.edu/

By .

This entry was posted in Newsletter, Online. Bookmark the permalink.