Water: The Best Drink in the World!

So if you have ever met me, been taught by me or received a massage from me, one thing
you will know about me is I am a bit of a water fanatic. It is all about staying hydrated. I truly believe a person will feel even more amazing if they drink enough water daily. Our bodies are about 60% water. That means if you are 150 pounds, 90 pounds of you is water. That is pretty intense. So when we lack water in our body, we just don’t function as well.
How you ask? Well I am about to tell you!
Water keeps our brain sharp, our mood even, and our motivation up. Your neurons in your
brain shrink when you are thirsty. It can just be plain distracting when you are thirsty. So grab a glass of water.

Water with fresh fruit

You lips and throat stay moist when you are well hydrated which will keep dry mouth at bay. Dry mouth can cause icky breath and a yucky taste in your mouth. So take a sip of that water, and  put a straw in it to make your water more festive.
Your blood volume is lower when you do not drink enough water therefore your heart has to work harder. Exercise becomes more difficult and well then you feel sluggish. Take that water add a piece of fresh lemon or lime.  Wow, now it is not so plain and you still are hydrating.
Water helps your joints stay lubricated, so you move better. The water is important both inside and outside your muscles to help to move waste products. Drink that water! Maybe add some fresh mint.
Less water in your body causes less elasticity in your skin and it doesn’t look as supple.
Mmmm, water! Wait let’s put the water in a fun glass! I think it just made it taste better!
Our kidneys need water to filter waste from the blood. Being well hydrated may keep a urinary tract infection at bay.
Thinking about that, want your water to have color? Add a shot of cherry, or cranberry juice. Drink up!
Basically, what I am trying to say water is wicked good for the body!
I know water can help a headache go away, give me energy, and stop muscles from aching.
It just makes me happy and gives me the punch I need to make it through the afternoon slump.
Go drink your delicious water and feel your body function better.

Lemon and mint to add fun and flavor to water

Listen to your massage therapist when she says to stay hydrated.
Water really IS the best drink in the world!

By .

About Robin Rinehart

As an elementary school teacher turned massage therapist, I understand it can take people a while to find their true passion in life.I graduated from Marquette University in Milwaukee with a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, but after five years of teaching I needed a change. I moved to Madison and began working at Half Price Books where I was in charge of the children's book section and became the store inventory manager. From there, I began working at First Federal bank as a trainer, but when the bank was bought out; I headed out on a quest to figure out what I really wanted to do with my career. This led me to the field of massage therapy. I attended Lakeside School of Massage Therapy in Madison where I received an Associate’s Degree in Massage. A month after graduating, I began instructing for the school and continued working in the field as a massage therapist. Over the years, I have have worked in many massage settings including a fitness center, a salon, and a spa. I now have my own practice in Madison called Moonlight Therapeutic Massage, where I work with clients on a variety of needs including pain relief, rehabilitation of an injury, or postural imbalances. In my spare time, I love to run, having previously completed six half marathons and her first full marathon at Disney in January 2012. I also enjoy reading, dancing and new adventures. My philosophy: Be passionate about everything you do. Find your own happiness and enjoy all of life’s moments. Create Balance!(my tatoo even states this)
This entry was posted in Applied Learning, Madison East Campus and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Water: The Best Drink in the World!

1. stephen jamieson says:

Thanks for the great post, i hope more people pay attention to this as they really dont realise how good water really is for you and this post definetely points out how good it is and all the different ways it helps you, and as for water with fresh fruit, well thats a really great way to enjoy it if your not that keen on the plain taste

thanks again
    Stephen

2. Maria Leonard, Network Dean of Massage Therapy says:

Awesome post Robin! Too often us humans forget that we need as much water as we do or any water for that matter. Thanks for helping us all understand the importance of hydrating our body and minds.