How do people perceive you?

Hello to the online community – I am Laura Lee and am currently the Online Accounting
Program Chair. I joined Globe Education Network in 2006 as an instructor.  Through the years I have developed and taught numerous courses in both the Graduate and Undergraduate programs.  In January of 2009 I assumed my current role of Online Accounting Program Chair and Instructor.  In this role I have the opportunity to take the experiences that I have gained through the years to help promote a positive and active
learning environment that sparks and captivates a learner’s enthusiasm and interest about the subject at hand.  It is my goal to help each student in developing into his or her full potential.

Earlier this year I registered to attend a conference for accounting instructors.  I thought this conference would be a good opportunity to find ways to enhance our online accounting classes.  Little did I know that I would have homework to complete at this conference.  The assignment was given to help each of us, the instructors, to think about the type of instructor we are and how we are viewed by our students.

My challenge to you today is for you to complete the following assignment and think about the type of student you are and how you are viewed by your instructors and others. Here is the assignment – think about one of the courses you are currently taking.   Are you doing your best or just skirting by?  Are you an active member of the course or
someone that sits on the sidelines?   As your instructor enters grades for the week, what do you think he/she is saying about your commitment to the course?

This exercise is applicable to your current and future careers.  How would your co-workers and supervisors assess your commitment, your attitude and your overall job performance?  Are you positive in challenging times? Or, do you take a slightly more negative approach?  I encourage you to “Start Right Now and Become The Student
You Know You Should Be.”
Your efforts will not go unnoticed by your instructors and your peers.

http://www.globeuniversity.edu/

http://www.globeuniversity.edu/

I received my Bachelors of Business Administration with a major in Accounting from Brenau University and my Masters of Business Administration with a major in Accounting through an on-line program with Upper Iowa University.

For numerous years I worked in the corporate world and even had the corner office.  I have always worked in the Accounting Field beginning with a position as a Senior Accountant for TBN of TN, Inc. formerly First America Health Care where I had the opportunity to explore various areas within the accounting arena.  I have held management positions with First Georgia Bank and Atlantic National Bank concentrating on the areas of Internal Audit, Credit Analysis, Compliance and Risk Management, but my passion is with teaching.

In 2005 I began a part-time career as an instructor.  I have taught residential and online accounting courses.  I truly love the online environment as I feel we have a great opportunity to help students reach their goal of obtaining their degree while trying to balance their everyday responsibilities of family and career.

In January of 2006 I began teaching online courses with Globe Education Network.
Through the years I have developed and taught numerous courses in both the Graduate and Undergraduate programs.  In January of 2009 I assumed my current role of Online Accounting Program Chair and Instructor.  In this role I have the opportunity to take the experiences that I have gained through the years to help promote a positive and active learning environment that sparks and captivates a learner’s enthusiasm and interest about the subject at hand.  It is my goal to help each student in developing into his or her full potential.

By .

This entry was posted in Online and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to How do people perceive you?

1. Mark K. Johnson says:

This is a very important subject for our students’ futures. So, I am going to pass your message on to all of them. How can I recommmend students who procrastinate and are slackers for jobs?