Accounting Assets: Accounting Chair of the Month, Dan Shuda

Accounting Chair for Globe University-Eau Claire – Dan Shuda

Hi, my name is Dan Shuda, the accounting chair for Globe University in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. I have a bachelor’s degree from the University of WisconsinEau Claire in comprehensive accounting back in 1981.  My education continued with the completion of my Master’s degree in business administration in 1989 also from the University of WisconsinEau Claire. I am a certified public accountant who has done continuing education work in fraud detection and internal controls processes. My favorite accounting topics include nonprofit accounting, cost accounting, systems review and fraud examination.

My career here at Globe University started in March of 2011. I come from a family background with a deep commitment to education. My father-in-law was a long time professor of English at UWEC.  My wife is an elementary teacher in the Eau Claire school district. Allison, my daughter, teaches Spanish to grades 1-5 in the Waunakee, Wisconsin school district. We all consider education to be of the utmost importance to help yourself, your family and your community.

The work experiences I have accomplished over the years include positions in financial analysis, cost accounting, tax analysis, internal control analysis, process improvement and supervision. Industries that I have worked in include supercomputing, pipelines, food and the US Census. This has provided me with a wide range of experiences and insight to pass on to my students and faculty to enrich the educational environment.

My wife and I have been married for over 30 years.  I have 4 children ranging from age 16 to 29. I enjoy golfing, traveling and dining.

By .

This entry was posted in Accounting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.