Receiving a massage is a great way to reduce pain, help you to relax, improve your immune system, and create an overall healthier and happier feeling. Globe University-Sioux Falls offers degrees in massage therapy and within that program our students gain hands on experience through massage clinics. Not only do our students gain experience in massage clinics, they are also trained in chair massage clinics are more than willing to work with different businesses to provide chair massages in the community.
The massage clinics on campus are designed to allow our students to apply their skills and knowledge they have gained in each modality during the lecture and instruction component of each course. When we offer the clinic portion of courses; we open our doors to the general public for free massages each quarter. We do however limit massages to three per quarter per person.
If you are looking to experience the benefits of massage therapy and would like to visit our clinic there are a few things to expect. Each massage clinic contains a variety of students in a variety of stages of learning. Our students are practicing and you as a client would be helping to provide learning opportunities. Our clinics also fill up fast. Each quarter we offer a variety of modalities at a various times of the day.
This quarter we are offering of the following clinics:
- Hot Stone/Spa Techniques- Tuesdays starting August 28, 2012. Appointment times are 9:30am and 11:00am.
- Deep Tissue/Trigger Point- Thursdays starting July 26th, 2012. Appointment times are 9:30am and 11:00am.
- Pregnancy/Special Populations- Thursdays starting August 30th, 2012. Appointment times are 6:30pm and 8:00pm.
- Thai- Tuesdays starting August 21, 2012. Appointment times are 2:00pm and 3:30pm.
- Crainosacral/Lymphatic Drainage- Wednesdays starting August 8th, 2012. Appointment times are 9:00am and 10:30am.
- Myofascial- Wednesdays starting August 29, 2012. Appointment times are 2:00pm and 3:30pm.
- Sports Massage- Wednesdays starting July 25, 2012. Appointment times are 6:00pm and 7:15pm.
To schedule your appointment or to try to schedule a chair massage clinic with your organization, please call 605-323-3932.