RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS ON CHANGING HEALTH CARE INSURANCE

In the Washington Post, Michelle Andrews posted responses to three questions readers submitted (and responses health care managers should know also):
1) Are the health insurance rebates that some insurers must pay their members under the health law owed only to those currently covered by a policy, or are they retroactive? My son was covered until March 2012 by a policy he purchased himself.
2) I was married in the District to a same-sex spouse. I work for the federal government. What information do you have regarding health coverage for same-sex spouses?
3) My granddaughter is looking for an individual health policy in Florida. She was told that she will not find an individual policy there that will cover pregnancy. She is not planning a pregnancy but wants coverage if that should happen. Under the health law, will insurance companies have to offer this coverage?

CLICK THE LINK TO READ RESPONSE TO EACH OF THE QUESTIONS:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/qanda-on-changing-health-insurance/2012/07/16/gJQAAt9BpW_story.html

By .

This entry was posted in Health Care Management and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS ON CHANGING HEALTH CARE INSURANCE

1. carol says:

I think theres a lot of promise with the new health care laws although we still have some way to go. “More than half of Fortune 500 companies offer domestic partner benefits to their employees, ” IMO it should be all, but its definitely a start

2. Jerry Lovrien says:

Thanks for your thoughts. Like Social Security in the 1930′s , the ACA was passed and may be reviewed and reviewed and changed as time goes on – but I can only see benefits as we move into the future.