Melanie Schopp-Campus Director Globe-Sioux Falls

Globe University is proud to welcome new campus director Melanie Schopp to the Sioux Falls Campus. Schopp comes to GU-Sioux Falls from the Globe University-La Crosse, Wisconsin, where she spent the last two years of her career as the Campus Director.

Melanie grew up and graduated high school in Coon Rapids, Iowa. She then attended Buena Vista College in Storm Lake, Iowa and received her bachelor’s degree in Mass Community with minors in women studies and philosophy. While at Buena Vista, she was highly involved in student activities, leadership and cheerleading.

Upon graduation from BV, Melanie attained her master’s degree in counseling and human relations at Northern Arizona University.   She then moved Las Vegas for six months where she did event and wedding planning for a private event company. But Schopp soon moved back to Phoenix where she fell into higher education.  She worked at the University of Advancing Technology– a small, private school. She worked in several departments including admissions, but ended her term as the Associates Dean of Student Affairs. At UAT, she played a vital role in the campus’ progression in many areas including opening a student dorm.

Soon she followed her husband, Aaron,  to Winona, Minnesota. There she learned of the new, Globe University opening just miles away. In May of 2009, Melanie became the first campus director for the GU in La Crosse, Wisconsin.  

“I have a passion for people, education, and student success,” said Schopp. “I love what I do– or I wouldn’t do what I do–I love the GU (We Care) philosophy.”

When asked why she chose to come to GU-Sioux Falls, Schopp said, “I wanted to be closer to family in Iowa….and I see I can make a difference here.”

Campus Director, Melanie Schopp and the Globe University-Sioux Falls admissions team

Schopp is high energy and believes in team work. When she thinks of changes, she thinks of how it impacts the students.

“The most challenging students are my favorite, when you see them graduate it is amazing to see what they will do with their lives.”

Melanie is excited to make Sioux Falls her new home with her husband and son, Asher–born in April 2011-and dog, Harley. The Schopp’s are avid Iowa Hawkeye fans, and they love to explore the scenery via motorcycle.

Click here to link to KELOLAND.com story on Melanie.

Sioux Falls Business Journal story here.

By .

This entry was posted in Sioux Falls Campus and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.